The SmartPoint® GM transceiver for industrial applications connects gas utilities with your large industrial customers. With this transceiver, you can harness the power of two-way transmission for consistent meter readings, with detail down to hourly increments.
SmartPoint transceivers can be installed as walk-by, drive-by or fixed-base communication endpoints and are easily reconfigured for optimal operational efficiency. Our high-power, three-port SmartPoint GM is compatible with Form A pulse output devices, delivering reliable reporting of corrected and uncorrected readings and alarm conditions. Automated, regular readings provide insight into consumption patterns, so they enable you to improve customer satisfaction, to market higher-value services and to develop new revenue streams.
Collecting detailed usage data used to require physical access to restricted, remote or busy industrial locations. Not anymore. With SmartPoint transceivers, you minimize employee exposure to hazardous industrial conditions.
Benefits to you
- Delivers consistent meter readings, with detail down to hourly increments
- Creates new revenue opportunities with large industrial customers
- Provides insight into consumption patterns
- Preserves your investment in existing meters, indexes and piping
- Reduces operational costs via remote reading and transceiver updates
- Walk-by, drive-by or fixed-base deployment
- Works with ultrasonic, rotary or turbine meters
- Easy migration from walk-by/drive-by solutions to fixed-base solutions
- Remote updates to SmartPoint transceivers (fixed-base only)
- Reports alarm status
- Two models: 900 GM (three-port remote) and 700 GM (two-port remote)
- Compatible with a range of Sensus and non-Sensus meters
- 2 watts broadcast power
- Frequency range: 896-960 MHz
- 8000 channels, in 6.25 kHz steps
- Proprietary narrow band modulation
- Non-volatile memory
- Operating temperature: -30° F to +150° F
- Lithium thionyl chloride batteries with hybrid layer capacitor
- 20-year warranty
- 5.56” x 5.50” x 3.0”, 1.13 lbs.
- FCC CFR 47: Part 24D, Part 101C, Part 15 licensed operation
- Industry Canada (IC) RSS-GEN, RSS-119, RSS-210
For more information about this product, please download the data sheet.