Increase operational efficiency and simplify your meter reading and billing processes with our AutoRead® software package. This program gives you the flexibility to manage all of our encoder-based Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) systems through a single meter reading system. It is the ideal communications bridge for interfacing between the FlexNet® communication network, AMR and TouchRead® system, and your computerized billing system.
Whether your meter readers walk-by or drive-by, AutoRead delivers the most up-to-date route information. It keeps you informed about everything—from abnormally high or low readings and misreads to hazards you may encounter along the way.
AutoRead eliminates the need to manually transfer meter data to your computer. Instead, it uploads and prepares the meter data gathered from the Sensus handheld unit or Vehicle Gateway base station (VGB) so it can be transferred to your billing system. AutoRead interfaces with other PC-based or existing mainframe billing and accounting systems by passing ASCII II files back and forth.
In addition, AutoRead generates management reports that provide an overview of your utility’s meter reading activities, staff activities and service issues. Statistical reports show you how much time elapses between meter readings, as well as the date and time that each reading occurred. This information can help you gauge meter readers’ progress and determine if routes should be reorganized to match their individual performance levels.
Benefits to you
- Interfaces with the FlexNet communication network, AMR and TouchRead system, and your computerized billing system
- Increases operational efficiency
- Simplifies billing process
- Prepares route information for selected Sensus meter systems
- Generates management reports to help improve efficiency
- User-friendly features
- Optional pull-down screens
- Backup and restore capabilities
- Compatible with Microsoft® Windows Operating Systems
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Operating System
- Windows 10/11 (32 and 64-bit versions)
- Intel 7th generation i5 U series 2.5GHz
- Memory Requirements
- 2 GB RAM (32-bit)
- 4 GB RAM (64-bit)
- Hard Disk Space
- 250 GB or more
- Communications Port
- VXU: 1 Serial Port* or 1 USB Port
- VGB: 1 USB Port
- VGB / VXU Combo: 1 USB Port / 1 Serial Port* or 1 USB Port
- GPS (as needed): 1 USB Port
Note: Windows 10 requires the use of the Global Sat BU-353S4 USB GPS receiver
- Charging Stand: 1 Serial Port* or 1 USB Port
- Ethernet/WiFi (optional for use with HHD 650x)
* If an on-board serial port is not available a USB to Serial adapter is needed. (The IOGear -GUC232A is recommended.)
For more information about this product, download the data sheet.