Optimize Your Grid with the Right Size Voltage
Reliable power service is a top priority for you and your customers. So is a balanced and efficient system. Particularly during peak loads. By reducing strain on the grid and energy usage during peak events, you not only ensure adequate power generation—you can save money. That’s why we developed the Conservation Voltage Reduction (CVR) solution.
Our CVR solution uses metrology, communications and analytics to monitor and manage real-time voltage data. This gives you the ability to reduce and optimize voltage across the distribution lines from substations to homes and businesses. It also helps you measure and maintain right-size voltage. So you don’t have to rely on outside power sources for supplementary energy or pay substantial spot-market pricing.
How does it work?
We place bellwether meters, such as the Sensus iConA™ Generation 4 and Stratus™ electricity meters, on distribution feeders throughout the service territory. These meters measure voltage and send one minute average voltage data through the FlexNet® communication network. Our analytics software, Voltage Insight, receives the data every five minutes. The result? You can keep a careful eye on voltage to reduce load and generate significant savings.
- Electric bellwether meters, FlexNet communication network and analytic software
- Timely FlexNet-to-software transmissions every five minutes
Benefits to you
- Monitors, measures and reduces voltage on utility distribution feeders
- Reduces peak load on your system
- Generates significant savings
- Increases system efficiency
- Provides adequate power generation
- Enables and increases regulatory compliance
Benefits to your customers
- Conserves energy
- Lowers electric usage
- Reduces monthly billing