Sonix IQ: Smarter. Smaller. Safer.
Sonix IQ combines the sustained accuracy of ultrasonic technology with integrated two-way FlexNet® communications and remote capabilities to give utilities better insight into and control over their gas distribution systems.
It is the first commercially-available residential ultrasonic meter to meet rigorous North American standards – the result of Sensus’ 25 years of ultrasonic meter design and production experience. It has no moving measurement parts to wear out over time, delivering pinpoint accuracy over the life of the meter. It boasts advanced features, including pressure monitoring, meter health diagnostics and remote shut-off. All of this contained within a smaller, lighter meter that is half the size and weight of a mechanical meter plus radio at a comparable cost.
Benefits to you
Compact, durable design
- Smaller footprint fits anywhere
- Lighter meter is easier to install and reduces shipping and storage costs
- Solid-state construction, integrated comms module and 20-year battery reduce ops costs
- Continuous meter health checks with alerts improve customer service and asset management
- Supports third party radios for easy integration with existing networks
- Provides two-way communications when used with a Sensus FlexNet® communication network
- Enables remote configuration and shut-off, reducing truck rolls
- Dual-class metrology: 250 CFH or 425 CFH
- 90-day hourly data logs
- Built-in theft and tamper detection
- Available pulse output
- Optional FlexNet capability
- 250 cfh at ½” differential 425 cfh at ½” differential
- All available connections are on 6 in. (152mm) center to center. Recommended mounting with connections up.
- 9.94 in. L x 4.38 in. W x 7.89 in. H (252.5mm L x 111.3mm W x 200.4mm H)
- 6.3 lb (2.86 kg)
- Complies with ANSI B109.1, PS-G-06.
- Class 1 Division 2, Group D T4. CSA C22.2 No 213 Class 1 Division 1, Measurement Canada pending.
For more information about this product, download the data sheet.