Our SmartPoint® GM Commercial transceiver connects gas utilities with their customers, harnessing the power of two-way transmission to provide consistent meter readings, right down to hourly details. Automated, regular readings provide insight into consumption patterns. With this level of information, you can improve customer satisfaction, market higher-value services and develop new revenue streams.
SmartPoint GM transceivers are easily migrated. The communication platform you install today, whether walk-by, drive-by or fixed-base, can grow and change seamlessly as your business needs change. And when it’s time to upgrade, you won’t have to visit or replace the end point.
Our high-power transceivers fit popular commercial diaphragm meters and require far less infrastructure than other systems. That translates into more information, more often, for your customers. The transceiver is easily reconfigured to help you optimize operational efficiency.
Benefits to you
- Delivers consistent meter readings, down to hourly details
- Preserves your investment in existing meters, indexes and piping
- Provides insight into consumption patterns
- Enables easy migration from walk-by/drive-by to fixed-base solutions
- Creates new revenue opportunities with small business customers
- Mounts directly to the meter
- Adapts to most popular diaphragm meters of up to 10,000 cubic feet for hour (cfh) capacity
- Interfaces with the top-mounted gas meter drive assemblies
- Allows re-use of the existing meter index
- Enables remote updates to the SmartPoint transceiver (fixed-base only)
- Compatible with a range of Sensus and non-Sensus meters
- 2 watts broadcast power
- Frequency range: 896-960 MHz
- 8000 channels, in 6.25 kHz steps
- Proprietary narrow band modulation
- Non-volatile memory
- Operating temperature: -30° F to +150° F
- Lithium thionyl chloride batteries with hybrid layer capacitor
- 20-year warranty
- FCC CFR 47: Part 24D, Part 101C, Part 15 licensed operation
- Industry Canada (IC) RSS-GEN, RSS-119, RSS-210
- Class 1 Div. 1 Intrinsic Safety rating
For more information about this product, please download the data sheet.