RALEIGH, NC - March 22, 2021
With smart utility network infrastructure, utilities use data and insights to identify leaks before they result in wasted water and become costly, non-revenue water occurrences. Utilities can proactively notify their customers of issues, helping forge lasting customer relationships. Recent examples of utilities conserving water and increasing sustainability include:
- Dallas, Georgia saved 12 million gallons of water in a single year by identifying and resolving water loss issues within hours that previously would have taken up to 30 days to pinpoint
- Eastern Municipal Water District in California helped more than 54,000 customers proactively address issues with continuous water usage, aiding the utility’s efforts to promote sustainability and improve customer service
“The World Health Organization estimates that more than 800 million people lack access to clean drinking water. Yet every day, water is lost to leaks and aging infrastructure,” said Colin Sabol, President of Measurement & Control Solutions at Xylem. “This World Water Day, we thank water utilities across the globe – customers like Dallas, Georgia and Eastern Municipal Water District – for everything they do to conserve this precious resource.”
Learn more about the digital transformation of water solutions in Xylem’s “Water for a Healthy World” Sustainability Report. Read our case studies for more stories about how our customers are conserving water and helping their communities understand the value of water.
- Utilities use data and insights from smart utility network infrastructure to proactively identify water loss.
- The City of Dallas, Georgia and Eastern Municipal Water District, both Sensus customers, promote sustainability with their smart utility networks.
- Xylem’s sustainability report details the digital transformation of water solutions and how utilities can resolve water loss and resource issues.
This World Water Day, we thank water utilities across the globe […] for everything they do to conserve this precious resource.
Xylem President of Measurement & Control Solutions