RALEIGH, NC - August 22, 2011
Sensus has completed a recent organization alignment that positions the Raleigh headquartered utility infrastructure company for accelerated growth. The new organization structure combines the company’s individual North American business units into a single Sensus North America organization designed to make it easier to deliver solutions that span its entire communications, metering, software and services portfolio. The new alignment creates a single customer-facing organization that can more effectively capitalize on the rapid build-out of smart grid projects across the company’s core water, gas and electric utility customer segments.
“Sensus has experienced tremendous growth across our former North American Water, Gas and Conservation Solutions businesses,” stated CEO and President Peter Mainz. “Now is the right time to leverage and combine those individual business units into a single technology powerhouse that delivers value across our entire customer base.”
- In conjunction with the organization change, Mr. Mainz also announced executive appointments consistent with the new structure.
- Mike Tracy has been named Executive Vice President of the new Sensus North America organization
- Jose Hernandez has been named Executive Vice President of the Sensus ESAAP (Europe, South America, and Asia-Pacific) organization
- Steve Sanger has been named Vice President of Sensus UK
- Randolph Wheatley has been named Vice President of Corporate Marketing and Communications
- Ron Ridge has joined Sensus as the new Chief Information Officer
Sensus announced in July the appointment of Jim Hilty as Chief Financial Officer. “I have absolute confidence that this organization and the leadership team that Sensus has in place will continue to grow our global leadership in smart utility infrastructure solutions,” Mainz concluded.
Sensus is a leading utility infrastructure company offering smart meters, communication systems, software and services for the electric, gas, and water industries. Sensus technology helps utilities drive operational efficiency and customer engagement with applications that include advanced meter reading, data acquisition, demand response, distribution automation, home area networking and outdoor lighting control. Customers worldwide trust the innovation, quality and reliability of Sensus solutions for the intelligent use and conservation of energy and water.