Our SmartPoint® 510M and 512M-PLS non-pit set modules are radio transceivers that gives you RF inbound and outbound access to water measurements and ancillary device diagnostics. They are designed for non-submersible/non-pit (surface-mount) installations. With two-way communication ability, the radios serves as walk-by or drive-by end points, fixed-base end points or any combination of those. This versatility of the devices gives you highly flexible data collection options and simplifies both current operations and network evolution.
The SmartPoint modules collect data from the meter register and transmit it to the collection device. In walk-by/drive-by mode, the transceivers collect data and wait for an activation signal from the Vehicle Gateway base station (VGB) or hand-held device (HHD). When a signal is received, they can transmit the readings, the meter identification number and any alarms. As fixed-base end points, the modules interact with strategically placed base stations in the service area. Migrate from walk-by/drive-by to fixed base by simply adding a base station.
Benefits to you
- Delivers a fast, efficient, reliable connection at minimal cost
- Minimizes new infrastructure investment
- Enables effective leak detection
- Offers highly flexible data collection options, including walk-by/drive-by and fixed base
- Simplifies installation, updates, operations and network evolution
- Wall-mounted installation
- Industry-leading two watts broadcast power
- Patented TouchCoupler interfaces with encoded meters via existing two-wire installations
- Connect multiple registers and ancillary devices (such as acoustic monitoring) to a single SmartPoint
- Hourly readings monitor continuous flow, alert to leak conditions
- Extracts usage profiles to inform customers and resolve disputes
- Easy updates to transceiver
- Easy migration to fixed base by simply installing a base station
- Wall-mounted installation for non-pit set, non-submersible environments; meter interfaces to the FlexNet® communication network
- Dimensions: 5 9/16” W x 5 1/2” H x 3” D
- Weight: 1.13 lbs.
- Operating temperature: -22° F to +185° F (-30° C to +85° C)
- Dual- or single-port options
- Compatible with a range of Sensus and non-Sensus encoded metering systems (via TouchCoupler, wired or Nicor)
- 2 watts broadcast power
- Frequency range: 900-950 MHz
- 8000 channels, in 6.25 kHz steps
- Proprietary narrow band modulation
- Non-volatile memory
- Lithium thionyl chloride batteries with hybrid layer capacitor
- 20-year warranty
- FCC CFR 47: Part 24D, Part 101C, Part 15 licensed operation
- Industry Canada (IC) RSS-134, RSS-119
For more information about this product, download the data sheet.