Smart Communication Gateway and Control
Our Remote Telemetry Module™ (RTM II, RTM II+) is a powerful wireless communication protocol processing gateway. It enables remote monitoring and control of intelligent electronic devices (IEDs), by leveraging the Sensus FlexNet® communication network, AT&T’s 4G/LTE with 3G fallback or Verizon’s 4G/LTE cellular networks.
Both the RTM II and RTM II+ processors easily connect with distribution automation (DA) and SCADA field devices that incorporate standard DNP3/IEEE 1815 and Modbus communication protocols, via serial interfaces. RTM II+ can also be connected via Ethernet.
Use the AutomationControl™ software platform to benefit from end-to-end system interoperability. The software allows easy integration with third-party SCADA software platforms that support the DNP3 M2M protocol, via our adaptable SCADA-Xchange™ interface.
Applications for these modules include:
- Capacitor banks
- Voltage regulators
- Line switches and sectionalizers
- Distribution substations
- Underground solutions
- Water and gas SCADA automation
Benefits to you
- Communicates two-way over the Sensus FlexNet communication network, AT&T’s 4G/LTE with 3G fallback or Verizon’s 4G/LTE cellular networks.
- Remotely monitors and controls intelligent SCADA field devices
- Integrates with third-party SCADA software
- Helps control costs associated with communications
- Monitors status of IEDs and reports user-configured data, events and alarms
- Designed specifically to communicate with IEDs from leading manufacturers, such as Cooper Power Systems, ABB, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, S&C Electric Company, GE, T&B/Joslyn Hi-Voltage, ICMI and many others
- Communicates via standard RS-232 serial connection with IEDs (the RTM II+ also supports RS-485). The RTM II functions as the master in the master-slave relationship, polling the IED for information.
- Supports up to five DNP3 device addresses, supporting a different DNP/IEC point map/profile
FlexNet communication network:
- Transmit power: 2W
- Frequency: 900 MHz band
- Primary licensed
- SMA antenna connector
- AT&T: 4G/LTE with 3G fallback
- Verizon: 4G/LTE
- Transmit power:
- 3G: 2W (GSM), 0.25W (WCDMA)
- 4G: 0.2W (LTE)
- 3G: 850/1900 MHz
- 4G: 700/850/1700/1900 MHz
- Two (2) SMA antenna connectors (main and diversity)
For more information about this product, download the data sheet.