Permalog+ is an acoustic sensor deployed in water distribution networks to monitor distribution lines and localize leaks. Using sound waves to detect flow, sensors activate overnight, listening to the distribution system when ambient noise is at its lowest. It then reports flow conditions back to the utility using the Sensus FlexNet® communication network and SmartPoint® modules. Once flow conditions are reported back through the network, you can analyze the data to determine if a leak condition exists. Service crews can quickly investigate and make repairs before they become costly problems or prominent stories in the news.
Permalog+ sensors magnetically attach to gate valves throughout your distribution system. This allows them to be mounted temporarily or permanently. Permalog+ is an economical way to proactively address current and potential leak conditions. The end result: You can conserve millions of gallons of water and discover and regain lost revenue with two industry-leading technologies—Permalog+ and the FlexNet network.
Benefits to you
- Proactively detects leaks and other flow problems
- Conserves millions of gallons of water
- Discovers and regains lost revenue
- Leverages the flexibility and reliability of the Sensus FlexNet communication network
- Reduces liability
- Provides flexible and quick deployment options in permanent, semi-permanent or survey applications
- Uses a non-invasive method with no detrimental effects on water supply
- Improves customer service
- Monitor distribution lines and localize leaks
- Can issue alarms for leaks
- Accurate, night-time flow sensing
- Installs quickly and easily
- SmartPoint transceivers broadcast on FCC-protected frequencies
- 7.25″ x 2.0″
- 1.54 lbs.
- 29 days of data storage
- Thermoplastic and stainless steel construction
- Single, replaceable, lithium A batteries
- Green (normal) and red (leak) LED indicators
- 3-year warranty
For more information about this product, download the data sheet.