RALEIGH, NC - janvier 29, 2019
Electricity providers focus on reliability of service, fair price and safe energy delivery—and the new Stratus IQ™ residential electricity meter from Sensus, a Xylem brand, can help them deliver on all fronts.
Designed to enhance distribution system management, Stratus IQ is the first meter in the industry to have four data streams from a single, smart device. With the horsepower of a commercial and industrial meter, Stratus IQ delivers more data, faster. Here are a few of the features:
- Monitors energy consumption—and so much more—with eight load profile channels
- Measures voltage minute-by-minute for maximum grid monitoring and performance
- Features a virtually indestructible design that protects against weather, theft and tampering
- Supports “software-defined metrology features” including loss of neutral and power quality
“We’ve engineered Stratus IQ to be smarter, faster and stronger,” said Sensus Vice President of Product Management Randolph Wheatley. “It is a solution-oriented device that seamlessly supports additional features that can be delivered over-the-air—which means our customers can have the latest applications without visiting the service connection.”
Beyond traditional meter reading, the Stratus IQ meter significantly improves power management, cost savings and safety. Advanced functionalities include continuous health checks, scheduled remote disconnects and a meter history log. Overall, the meter will:
- Increase operational efficiencies through system diagnostics
- Reduce infrastructure costs through robust design
- Enhance customer experience through advanced features
“The new Stratus IQ, combined with our Sensus FlexNet® communication network, will enable utilities of all sizes to operate at peak performance,” said Wheatley.
Visit us at booth #10143 during the February 5-7 DistribuTECH Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana to see this next-gen meter in person.
- The new Stratus IQ™ residential meter can help electricity providers deliver reliability of service, fair price and safe energy delivery
- Stratus IQ delivers more data, faster because it has the horsepower of a commercial and industrial meter
- The next-gen meter monitors energy consumption with eight load profile channels, and it measures voltage minute-by-minute for maximum grid monitoring