Raleigh, NC - juin 8, 2017
(Click to Tweet) – As more water utilities realize the possibilities for innovation presented by the Internet of Things (IoT), Sensus, a Xylem brand, is delivering solutions that capitalize on this promise. These solutions and more will be on display at the American Water Works Association’s (AWWA) Annual Conference and Exhibition (ACE17), June 12-14 in Philadelphia (booth 2315).
Increasingly, water utilities seek solutions like the Sensus FlexNet® communication network to deliver connectivity for a wide variety of smart applications. These solutions, when deployed in combination with smart meters and sensors, can provide tangible benefits for users that include fast, automated data collection, remote usage monitoring and leak detection. To date more than 2,000 cities and municipalities have enabled more than 38 million smart devices with the FlexNet system.
At ACE17, Sensus will demonstrate the power of the FlexNet system for attendees as well as other unique offerings, including:
- The Sensus® Smart Gateway sensor interface, a battery-powered device that allows users to remotely monitor systems and retrieve data, including water pressure, temperature and levels
- The ally® water meter, the first water meter with an integrated three-state valve enabling utilities to turn service on or off, reduce flow to minimize lost revenue and measure water consumption remotely
- Sensus Analytics, an integrated software suite that gives utilities the ability to analyze large volumes of customer data to glean deeper, more accurate insight and improve decision-making
In addition to these demonstrations, Sensus customers and experts will provide attendees with unique insights at ACE17 during the “Smart Water Management in Medium and Large Utilities” session on Tuesday, June 13.
- Tom Galuska, senior product manager at Sensus, will join Steve Riddle, distribution manager at Bolton Point Water System, to present “Capturing Leaks Through AMI,” a case study on how Bolton Point uses the Sensus Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) solution to capture water leaks and apparent water losses while improving customer service
- Dan Harris, product marketing manager at Sensus, and Mark Moore, utility controller at the City of Fairmont, West Virginia, will present “Measure Smarter, Not Harder,” showcasing how Sensus iPERL® water meters helped the City of Fairmont decrease water loss and enhance their utility operations
All Sensus solution demonstrations will take place at the Sensus booth #2315. For live updates from ACE17, follow Sensus on Twitter.
- At its booth (#2315), Sensus will demonstrate the power of the FlexNet communication network and other unique offerings, including the Sensus Smart Gateway sensor interface, the ally water meter and Sensus Analytics.
- When deployed in combination with smart meters and sensors, the FlexNet network provides tangible benefits for users that include fast, automated data collection, remote usage monitoring and leak detection.
- To date more than 2,000 cities and municipalities have enabled more than 38 million smart devices with the FlexNet system.
- Sensus customers and experts will also present during the “Smart Water Management in Medium and Large Utilities” session on Tuesday, June 13.