RALEIGH, NC - Oktober 26, 2015
(Click-to-Tweet) – In the middle of a 1,000-year flood, nearly 30,000 residents in Columbia, South Carolina waited out the storm in darkness. Devastating events like this flood, Hurricane Joaquin or Superstorm Sandy can strain utilities. They can also turn line crews into super heroes if they can restore power quickly. With the FlexNet® communication system, utilities have less infrastructure in the path of storms. That minimizes damage and improves restoration times.
“When disaster strikes, it is crucial for utilities to be armed with a communications system that helps get the lights on faster with zero interference,” said Randolph Wheatley, vice president of marketing of Sensus. “As our customers who weathered Hurricane Sandy and other devastating storms can attest, the security and reliability of the FlexNet system provides two-way communication they can count on, rain or shine.”
The FlexNet system is a dedicated and secure two-way communications highway for utilities and municipalities. Its point-to-multi-point architecture means utilities can reliably receive alerts on system-wide issues and outages in real-time. The immediate notification allows utilities to better organize efforts and restore power faster.
Get the Power Back Faster
Public service providers can restore power faster using reliable, innovative technologies. With FlexNet, utilities can:
- View their entire system remotely
- Collect and access real-time data
- Quickly diagnose issues and restore power faster
- Avoid outage notification delays often associated with mesh networks
FlexNet stood up to Superstorm Sandy in 2012 in Stafford Township, New Jersey. Sandy damaged 5,000 homes in 24 hours. With FlexNet, Stafford prioritized its relief efforts by identifying the most impacted areas.
Superstorm Sandy caused 8.1 million utility customers along the east coast to lose power. Restoring their service took weeks and required assistance from utility crews from across the U.S. and Canada.
Learn how you can build a resilient network with FlexNet at www.sensus.com/resilient.
- The Sensus FlexNet communication system gives utilities a resilient network that keeps them connected, whatever the weather.
- With its point-to-multi-point architecture, FlexNet enables utilities to receive alerts on system-wide issues and outages in real-time.
- Immediate notification allows utilities to better organize efforts and restore services faster, turning their crews into super heroes.
As our customers who weathered Hurricane Sandy and other devastating storms can attest, the security and reliability of the FlexNet system provides two-way communication they can count on, rain or shine.
Vice President of Marketing, Sensus