RALEIGH, NC - März 22, 2020
These are dynamic times as we all face the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our families, colleagues and communities. Our nation’s resources are being stretched, front-line responders are tasked to do even more and utilities must continue to deliver essential services.
This World Water Day–and every day–Sensus, a Xylem Brand, remains committed to supporting utility customers and providing innovative technology to drive smart water management, including water loss and conservation.
The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that 75 percent of water loss in systems is recoverable by getting to the bottom of leaks, unauthorized consumption or administrative errors. Utilities that leverage smart water technology gain a powerful resource to detect water loss and analyze usage. Recent examples of how water utilities are using smart utility networks to conserve resources and support community resiliency include:
- Walla Walla, Washington detecting more than 2,000 leaks in the first year of their deployment and promptly alerting customers of any issues;
- Seal Rock, Oregon is exceeding progressive water conservation standards set by the state. Since completing their deployment, the Water District’s unaccounted for water has fallen to around 12 percent—well below the state’s 15 percent benchmark.
Learn more about how Sensus smart water solutions can help utilities curb water loss and improve conservation efforts.
- As we face the COVID-19 global pandemic, it is more important than ever to protect our resources and deliver essential utility services.
- On World Water Day, Sensus remains committed to serving its utility customers to drive smart water management.
- Sensus is working with customers like Walla Walla and Seal Rock to conserve resources and support community resiliency.